Daytime Emergency Care
Contact All Care Pet Clinic
OPEN: 09:00AM - 06:00PM
Call: (661) 265-7373
After-Hours Emergency Care
Contact AV Veterinary Center
Call: (661) 729-1500
Emergency Veterinary Services
If your pet is experiencing concerning symptoms or exhibiting concerning behavior, contact our office or the after-hours emergency hospital listed above as soon as possible.
The knowledgeable veterinary team at All Care Pet Clinic offers veterinary care for pets in a wide variety of emergency situations. Pets are our passion and we take great pride in offering high quality medical care when your companion needs it the most.
Steps to Take In A Pet Emergency
If you are experiencing a veterinary emergency, follow the steps below.
- Call Ahead If Possible - During our regular business hours, call us as soon as you identify a veterinary emergency in your pet. Otherwise, call the emergency veterinary location listed above.
- Follow Instructions Provided - When you call to let the emergency pet hospital know you are on your way, instructions may be provided to help you apply first aid or otherwise make your pet as comfortable as possible. Follow these instructions carefully.
- Remain Calm - Remain calm and be extra careful around your pet. When an animal is in pain they often react negatively towards anyone trying to help and could bite or scratch.
- Bring Your Pet In For Care - Make sure you don't put yourself at risk. Bring your pet into our Palmdale clinic or the emergency hospital listed above as safely as possible.
Emergency Vet FAQs
Read through our most frequently asked questions below to learn more about bringing your pet in for an emergency appointment at All Care Pet Clinic.
- Do I need to call ahead?
All Care Pet Clinic provides urgent and emergency veterinary care to dogs and cats during our regular business hours. It is always best to contact us beforehand, but we know that during a veterinary emergency, that isn't always possible.
If we are unable to fit your pet into our schedule, we recommend that you visit the after-hours emergency vet location shown above.
- When is your clinic open?
Our veterinarians see emergency cases during our regular business hours:
- Monday: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Tuesday: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Wednesday: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Thursday: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Friday: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
- What situations require emergency veterinary care?
The following situations are examples of emergencies that require immediate care:
- Bleeding from nose, mouth, rectum, or blood in the urine
- Severe bleeding or bleeding that doesn't stop
- Obvious signs of pain or extreme anxiety
- Choking, difficulty breathing, or continuous coughing/gagging
- Fractured bones or severe lameness
- Seizures and/or staggering
- Inability to urinate or pass feces, or pain associated with urinating or passing feces
- Severe vomiting or diarrhea; 2+ episodes in 24-hours
- Injuries to the eye(s)
- Heat stress or heatstroke
- Refusal to drink for 24 hours or more
- Your pet has ingested something poisonous (such as antifreeze, xylitol, chocolate, rodent poison, etc.)
- How long will we have to wait to see the vet?
Our Palmdale animal hospital is just like a human doctor's office - it can be unpredictable and you may have to wait.
We cannot predict what cases we will see and when they will arrive. If possible, call ahead to find out whether we are able to provide emergency care for your dog or cat.
If we are unable to fit an emergency appointment into our vet's schedule we recommend that you visit the 24/7 animal emergency hospital detailed above.
- What happens if my pet needs to stay in the hospital?
Some veterinary emergencies require intensive overnight care. At All Care Pet Clinic we provide overnight care for animals in need.
While in our care, our dedicated team will treat your pet as if they were our own.
- What types of animals do you treat?
Our emergency veterinarians are mostly experienced with cats and dogs, but will see other small animals, such as birds and rodents, in serious situations.